Saturday, February 9, 2008

Are You Board? Cara Miller Designs

From Cara:


"I love anything mini..mini teddy bears...mini dogs (I have three Shih Tzus!) ...mini cars (I even drive an older Saab 900) ... dollhouses .. you get the idea! So when I discovered mini books, I was hooked! But I struggled with some of the details. I wanted to make mini scrapbooks that looked like a book and feel sturdy. My quest to find the perfect blank book to start my creations led to my wonderful 5x5 white blank board books. I added some Mod Podge, lots of ribbon and phoof! my first board book was complete. It was a gift for my Mom and I included photos of our recent trip to the Lion King play. I journaled all those sentioments that I want to say but usually cry when I say them...you know what I am talking about! Well they were perfect on the little tags I tucked inside the pockets and hid on the backs of the photo tags. My handwriting wasn't such an issue cuz my tags were small and it was kinda secret, peeking out of the pockets. Ya, I was now board book obsessed and wanted to share them everyone. In 2006 my "baby"..the last of my five children..left for college and my cure for Empty Nest Syndrome was to take my classes on the road..and hit the road I did! I have visited so many cities in my role as a scrapbook teacher at Creating Keepsakes Conventions and Scrapbook Expo Conventions (and a few more) from New England to Arizona and Florida! Board books and Mod Podge and a Cropadile certainly raise some eyebrows at the airport security screening desks! So now, I am so excited to share my love of board books here with you from the comfort of my couch."


Cara offers several board book kits on our site so be sure to check them out today!

No comments: